The organizers of the EAFS 2018 Conference have implemented eco-responsible actions to minimize the negative impact of the conference on the environment and to create social benefits.
These actions include:
- Venue selection: Selection of a congress venue, La Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon, committed to improving its environmental performance, including two major issues: waste management and energy efficiency.
- Solidarity: Engagement to donate any surplus (food and/or other items) to charities and organizations of the social sector and the protected and adapted sector.
- Catering: The caterer, Serge Magner, is a member of the association Traiteurs de France, committed in a sustainable development, by redistributing the excess food to national and local associations coming in assistance to people in trouble.
- Environment: Selection of eco-friendly products for conference bags.
- Communication: Use of digital support and effort to reduce paper.
- Accommodation: Selection of hotels located near the congress venue and committed to sustainable development.
- Transportation: Encouragement to use public transportation, in order to reduce gas emissions.
Multiple associations also participate in the sustainable approach:
- UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund), an organization that provides humanitarian and developmental assistance to children and mothers in developing countries. The cloakroom will be managed by volunteers of the organization. Participants are encouraged to donate to UNICEF when depositing their belongings at the cloakroom. A donation will be made by the conference.
For more information, please visit: www.unicef.fr
- Phenix, is a social and cooperative startup that aims to help companies in reducing their environmental impact by giving a second life to the waste they produce. Members of the organization will manage the food and non-food wasting during the conference.
For more information, please visit: www.wearephenix.com
Ok Read more